BJs Wholesale Club Makes Holiday Entertaining Easy, Affordable and Enjoyable
Clubs Host First Holiday Cha-ching Entertaining Savings Event This Weekend
Westborough, Mass. (Dec. 10, 2013) – Let BJ’s Wholesale Club help deck the halls and make them jolly. Entertain friends and family with ease with a vast selection of gourmet foods, easy heat and serve catering-quality appetizers and decadent desserts- all at great value. BJ’s elevates the festivities this year with an exclusive club-wide event Saturday, December 14, and Sunday, December 15, to celebrate the season of joy and its wonderful Members.
“It’s a delightful time of year when we all get together to celebrate, and BJ’s works hard to make it effortless for any host or hostess by being a one-stop shopping destination,” said Chris Neppl, BJ’s Executive Vice President of Merchandising. “We know families are on a budget, and we want to make sure our members can find the very best foods, in addition to gifts, at affordable prices that will leave their friends and families surprised and delighted.”
BJ’s first ever exclusive Holiday Cha-ching Event weekend gives shoppers the opportunity to save big on appetizers, desserts, paper goods, coffee and more to host spectacular holiday festivities. During the event, BJ’s will provide each shopper with a savings sheet, containing a variety of high-value coupons for everything needed to have an unforgettable holiday party. People will save an additional $35 on top of BJ’s already great prices through December 24.
Shoppers will also be able to sample numerous holiday delights throughout the club, and non-members can sign up for a Free 60-Day Trial Membership to reap the savings this holiday and enjoy the benefits of shopping the club.
Some holiday entertaining ideas include:
Small Plates Trend
“Small Plate” parties, which have become the new way to entertain, providing party goers the chance to sample a variety of hot and cold appetizers. This feast of appetizers is convenient too, since BJ’s provides numerous options for catering-quality easy heat-and-serve foods so hosts can mingle with guests and enjoy the party. Select a variety of heat-and-serve appetizers, seafood and vegetables so there’s something for everyone.
Setting the Small Plate party table with BJ’s:
• Chilled Shrimp (in the freezer)
• Tapas – BJ’s carries a variety of tapas from gourmet olives, meats and cheeses (in the fresh prepared foods display)
• Mini Quiches (in the freezer)
• Hot Spinach & Artichoke di (in the freezer), served with warm, crusty bread (in bakery)
• Maple Bacon Wrapped Shrimp (in the freezer)
• Beef Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon (in the freezer)
• Vegetable Tray with dip (in produce)
• 14-Flavor Cheesecake Collection (in the refrigerated bakery section)
• Present party foods on BJ’s Living Home Serving Solutions Tastings Set and platters (in the seasonal area)
• Decorate your table with fresh cut flowers, displayed in short and tall vases
Delectable Desserts Party
Set your party table with beautiful desserts and pastries that punctuate the holidays. BJ’s bakery products are as delicious as they are beautiful and make a celebratory statement when displayed for your guests.
Setting the sweet desert party table with the Club:
• Fresh cut fruit tray (in produce)
• Croquembouche with Wellsley Farms Mini Cream Puffs -- found in the freezer (Desert makes a real statement atop any table and is remarkably easy to make.) Check out this how-to video.
• Display of holiday candy in Living Home’s 3-tiered bowls (in the seasonal area)
• Brownie Bites (in bakery)
• Pumpkin, Lattice Apple or Lemon Meringue Pies (in bakery)
• Tiramisu Cake (in the refrigerated bakery section)
• Selection of K Cups so guests can pick the hot beverage of their choice (in coffee aisle)
• Cover table with brightly colored table cloth sprinkled with holiday confetti
Homage to Fromage
Sophisticated and social, holiday cheese parties are always in style. BJ’s offers a wide selection of cheeses, including imported specialty, domestic and its exclusive Wellsley Farms European Collection found in BJ’s cheese kiosk.
Creating a sophisticated cheese tray with BJ’s:
• A cheddar cheese like Wellsley Farms European Collection Smoked Cheddar or Wellsley Farms three-year cheddar
• An upscale cheese such as Wellesley Farms European Collection Manchego or Wellsley Farms European Collection Grass Fed, Farmstead Gouda
• An aged cheese like Wellsley Farms European Collection Provolone (aged 9-12 months) or Emmi Aged Gruyere
• Soft ripened cheese such as Wellsley Farms European Collection Brie or Delice de France double cream brie
• Fig Spread found in BJ’s cheese kiosk
• Fresh fruit – apples, grapes and pears (in produce)
• Variety of nuts -- walnuts, almonds or pecans
• BJ’s exclusive etched-slate 12 pc. Cheeseboard Set (in the seasonal area)
• Cover your table with a white table cloth and use gold accents to add sophistication
About BJ’s Wholesale Club
BJ's is dedicated to providing members with high-quality, brand-name food and merchandise at prices that are significantly lower than supermarkets, supercenters, department stores, drug stores and specialty retail stores. BJ's carries the most product variety of any Membership club with more than 7,000 items, including supermarket-sized staples, USDA Choice meats, all-natural and certified organic products and stock-up items. BJ's is the only Membership club to accept all manufacturers' coupons and for greater convenience, offers the most payment options including EBT.
Headquartered in Westborough, Massachusetts, BJ's Membership Club, Inc. is a leading operator of warehouse clubs in the eastern United States. The Company operates 201 clubs and 114 gas stations in 15 eastern states. Learn more and shop online at BJs.com or for exclusive content visit Facebook.com/bjswholesaleclub and Twitter.com/bjswholesale.