Local Charitable Giving
In addition to the wide range of valuable community programs offered at the corporate level and through BJ’s Charitable Foundation®, BJ’s also offers a structured charitable giving program administered through our local Clubs.
By giving each of our Clubs an annual donation budget, BJ’s is able to provide local support to community nonprofit organizations that primarily benefit children and families, enabling us to have a direct and immediate impact on the communities we serve.
Applying for Donations
If your nonprofit organization would like to request an in-kind donation of product(s) or gift cards, please submit a request, written on your organization’s letterhead, to your local Club a minimum of 6 weeks prior to your donation deadline.
Please include in your request:
- A brief description of your organization’s mission
- An explanation of your donation needs
- In the case of an event, a brief description of your event
- If there are any benefits received by BJ’s Wholesale Club Inc. in the case of a donation
- A mailing address in the case you are approved
BJ’s receives far more contribution requests than we can honor. As a result, we cannot support every donation request, no matter how worthwhile. Please accept BJ’s Wholesale Club’s best wishes for success in your fundraising efforts.
We are unable to fund organizations that meet the criteria outlined in the following restrictions and limitations.
Restrictions and Limitations:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical disability, national or ethnic origin
- Political organizations, fraternal groups or social clubs that engage in any kind of political activity
- Religious organizations, unless they serve the general public in a significant non-denominational way
- Programs that have been in place for less than one (1) year
- Individuals or individual families
- Organizations located outside BJ’s Wholesale Club’s markets
- Capital campaigns
- Sponsorships for music, film and art festivals
- Support for business expositions/conferences
- Journal or program advertisements
- Fees for participating in competitive programs