Hot Dog Spiders Recipe
- Makes 32 Servings
- Hands-On Time: 15 Min.
- Total Time: 27 Min.
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. Applegate® Natural Uncured Beef Hot Dogs
- 1 Tube Crescent Roll Dough
- 1 Black Olive, Diced Fine
- Ketchup for Serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with Berkley Jensen Parchment Paper
- Cut each hot dog in half lengthwise, then cut each piece in half crosswise (each hot dog will make 4 treats)
- Keeping the middle intact, use the tip of a knife to make 3 slices at either end of each hot dog piece (this will make 4 legs on either side)
- Once all the hot dogs are cut, unroll the dough and cut it into strips about 1" wide and 2" long (you may not need all of the dough)
- Wrap a piece of dough around the middle of each hot dog, pinching to seal the dough, and place, seam side down, on the prepared baking sheet
- 6. Press 2 bits of black olive into the middle of each 'spider' to make eyes
- Bake until the dough is golden brown and the hot dog (legs) is sizzling and twisted, 10 to 12 min.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm with ketchup on the side