Frito-Lay announces recall of select Rold Gold pretzels
Frito-Lay has issued a voluntary recall of select Rold Gold pretzels due to a potential undeclared peanut allergen. The following products sold by BJ’s are affected by this recall:
- 30ct Baked & Popped Mix
- Guaranteed Fresh dates June 14, 2016 – August 9, 2016
- 11-digit manufacturing code with any of the following as the second and third digit: AM, TO, QH, QC, or SW (e.g. xAMxxxxxxxx, xTOxxxxxxxx, etc.)
- 30ct Hometown Favorites Mix
- Guaranteed Fresh dates May 31, 2016 – July 26, 2016
- Manufacturing code with any of the following as the second and third digit: AM, TO, QH, QC, or SW (e.g. xAMxxxxxxxx, xTOxxxxxxxx, etc.)
- Rold Gold Tiny Twists 20.1oz bag included in Pick ‘n Pack article 19572
- Use By dates June 28, 2016 – August 23, 2016
- 9-digit manufacturing code with 32 as the second and third digits (e.g. x32xxxxxx)
Please note that your product is only affected if the Guaranteed Fresh date or Use By date matches the date above and the manufacturing code on the package matches the code above. The date is located on the front of the package, and the manufacturing code is under the date.
If you do not have a tree nut allergy, there is no need to discard this product.
This recall is being conducted because a Frito-Lay supplier recently recalled certain lots of flour for undeclared peanut residue. The Rold Gold products subject to this recall may have been produced using the recalled flour. In order to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our Members, we are recalling these Rold Gold products as a precaution. No illnesses have been reported, and no other Rold Gold products are subject to the recall.
If you purchased the recalled product and are allergic to tree nuts, specifically peanuts, please discontinue use, discard the remaining product, and visit your local Club for a full refund. If you have any questions, please contact Frito-Lay Consumer Affairs at 888-256-3090 or 800-352-4477 during the hours of 9am-4:30pm CST Monday-Friday.
Thank you for your attention to this matter. BJ’s takes the safety of its Members and their families seriously, and we apologize for any inconvenience.