This year, I'm keeping Christmas dinner simple and making sure I stay under budget while planning to host my family and friends for the holidays. That's why I shopped BJ’s Wholesale Club and got everything I needed for the big celebration - including appetizers, main course, and dessert options - without breaking the bank.
The best part about my trip was planning everything from the comforts of my own home. Thanks to the BJ’s App, I was able to select everything I wanted for Curbside Pickup without having to worry about spending additional time shopping various stores. I can shop for everything I need online at BJs.com, in a one-stop shop!
I usually make a list filled with all my party needs and then place my order as needed. Then, if I feel like I need last minute goods, I feel good knowing that Curbside Pickup is SO EASY to fit into my schedule later on that week. BLISS! I’m all about stress-free shopping.
It’s important for me to have lots of options for my Christmas table. So, let me break down exactly what I bought and tell you how I plan to serve it to the people I love. If you’re looking for inspiration, here’s a menu that won’t have you tied to your oven all morning and afternoon.
- Wellsley Farms Organic Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips
- Wellsley Farm Cucumber Garlic Dill Tzatziki Dip
- Wellsley Farms Organic Salsa
- Wellsley Farms Loaded Potato Skins
- Formaggio Antipasto Bar Variety Tray
- Wellsley Farms Assorted Quiche
- Wellsley Farms Entertainment Crackers
- Wellsley Farms Three Cheese Party Tray
- Wellsley Farms Hot Rotisserie Chicken
- Wellsley Farms Homestyle Mashed Potatoes
- Wellsley Farms Broccoli Florets
- Wellsley Farms Baguette
I also picked up some Berkley Jensen Poinsettia Hearth 3-Ply Lunch Napkins and Berkley Jensen Premium Heavyweight Dinner Plates to help make clean-up a breeze. Since I am an avid BJ's Wholesale Club shopper, I already had plenty of plastic cups and utensils. So, I didn't need any for this particular holiday, but just know that those are also available for purchase at BJs.com as well, should you need them.
Christmas Party Menu on A Budget
If you are looking for a less expensive dinner idea for a crowd that is both stress-free and delicious, shop online at BJs.com and pick up everything I listed above. And don’t forget to take advantage of one of their many digital convenient shopping options like Same-Day Delivery or Curbside Pickup!
I am someone who hosts almost every single holiday for my immediate family since I have the largest house and am the oldest cousin. It makes sense and has just become my responsibility over time, which is absolutely fine.
But sometimes, especially during the end of the year, when there are so many holidays right after one another, I feel overwhelmed. I usually lean on simple holiday meal ideas like this - a pre-roasted chicken and some sides - to ease my burden. Who will know? No one! That's who!
With BJ's, I know I can do my Christmas food shopping on a budget, but also pick up some cleaning supplies, a few decorations for the house, and even some wrapping paper to finalize those last minute gifts I forgot to put under the tree. One-stop shopping at its finest!
Tips and Variations
- If you are having a larger group, be sure to get two rotisserie chickens to take home. In my club, they were under $5 and well worth the purchase! I grab one of them every week and either serve it for dinner or make a chicken salad and enjoy it for lunch.
- Consider adding a hearty salad if you'd like or include additional vegetables like Wellsley Farms Frozen Organic Corn, zucchini, or Wellsley Farms Brussels Sprouts if you'd like to add more greens.
- If you want to add additional appetizers, be sure to pick up some Wellsley Farms Extra Jumbo Cooked Shrimp or search for Wellsley Farms Lobster Ravioli and include a pasta course! Serve it between your appetizer and main meal. Don't forget a jar of Rao's Homemade Marinara Sauce to complete your dish.
- Warm up your fresh bread before serving it with your dinner. As you are preparing your appetizers, leave out a stick of butter and let it settle to room temperature. Guests will have an easier time buttering their bread this way.
- Don't forget the parmesan cheese! No matter what you are serving, someone always will ask for some. My kids love to sprinkle some on top of their bread slices and drizzle a bit of olive oil. What a treat! You will find plenty of cheese options online at BJs.com.
You can serve your roasted chicken whole to really show off a wonderful presentation. Or, you can slice it up ahead of time and make it easier for everyone to serve themselves during dinner. We like to do the latter.
Shop BJ's Wholesale Club Today to Check Off Your Holiday List
These affordable Christmas party ideas will save you time and money and will allow you to make more memories with the people you love.
Don’t forget! You can take advantage of online shopping, Curbside Pickup, Same-Day Delivery, Digital Coupons, as well as manufacturer coupons! There are so many different ways to score at BJ’s. Shop BJ’s your way!
BJ’s is the best place to fulfill all of your holiday hosting needs - no matter how you shop.
And if you aren't hosting this year, there are plenty of hostess gifts available to bring with you when visiting friends this holiday season. Boxes of chocolate and cookies, decorative seasonal pieces, gift baskets, and more - simple solutions waiting for you in every aisle.